September 2018 — Bachelor of Corporate Catering and Engineering @ISTHIA
- Conduct a 6-month research project on food sociology with 3 fellow classmates under the supervision of Professor Frédéric ZANCANARO, Vice President of ISTHIA.
- Researched and reviewed literature data acquired from (1) information measurement firms and organizations — Nielsen, Harris Interactive, Kantar World Panel, INSEE, etc. and (2) publications of world-renown researchers — Jean Pierre Poulain (President of ISTHIA), Claude Fischler, etc.;
- Formulated hypotheses on the theme of various dining regimes based on a literature review;
- Conducted field studies:
- Interviewed expert Haruka Ueda — Doctorate in Agricultural Economy about various aspects of this theme;
- Interviewed expatriate restaurant owners in France;
- Analyzed field studies data and compared them against formulated hypotheses;
- Transcribed interviews conducted in English;
- Translated required elements in English;
- Proof-read the project several times;
- Edited the final work in French based on recommendations from reviewers;
- Successfully conducted a research project of 6 months despite group work difficulties;
- The project was finally chosen to be published on the website of ISTHIA here: Les mémoires et projets tutorés de l’ISTHIA/Année du mémoire: 2018/Niveau du mémoire: LP/Les alimentations particulières.
View my entire portfolio here.